- Bill Kirby (Up to 4.1)
- Warren Buss, Brian Baker, Dave Huntoon, Matt Gruson (Various versions up to 8.4)
- K van den Helm (v7.2)
- Chris Chokan (v8.5)
- BrotherTank (v9.0)
Note: Shareware Wolf3D versions can only be edited in 7.2 and below.
Note: Registered Wolf3D versions can only be edited in 4.1 and above.
Note: Blake Stone (AOG/PS), OBC and C7 can only be edited in 8.4 and above.
- The most popular DOS-based Map Editor
- Simple easy-to-use interface
- Bill Kirby released the source code with version 4.1, leading to many fixes and enhancements over the years
- The source code file is MAPEDIT.PAS
- Where is MapEdit4SDL
- More importantly where is ECMapEdit